We strongly encourage you to view our policies here. They will also answer a lot questions. Our policies are also in your Wedding Confirmation Letter that you will receive after booking and making your deposit.


  • How do I get a marriage license? You are required to have a Tennessee State Marriage License that may be obtained at the Sevier County Courthouse or any marriage license center.  Neither a waiting period nor a blood test is required.   The couple must produce a valid Driver's License for identification purposes, and be at least 18 years of age. Click this link to pre-apply for your license online or for office locations and hours of operation. 
  •  How long is the ceremony with the chapel minister? We carefully allot time for each package based on what is included in your package, such as guests, photography packages, etc, so that you and your guests are not rushed.  The ceremony and photography session are anywhere from 30 minutes-4 hours.  The ceremony itself is about 10-20 minutes depending on the type of service you have. You should arrive at the chapel 30 minutes before your scheduled ceremony. This will give you time to prepare and speak with our ordained minister. Additional time can always be purchased. Your allotted time will also be stated in your client portal and on your Wedding Confirmation Letter.
  •   Is there a rehearsal? Our minister speaks with everyone in the wedding party, just prior to the ceremony, to walk them through the ceremony and answer any questions.  We have staff available at every step to let you know exactly what you need to do.  Formal 360 minute rehearsals are available the evening before for $200.00 for those who would like to have one. If you are providing your own minister/officiant, they will need to rehearse with you prior to your arrival on your wedding day.
  •  Can we customize a package? Yes, we customize all of our packages to accommodate what you would like to include.  Customizing can include but is not limited to providing fresh/silk flowers and cakes in the design of your choice.  A wedding coordinator can help you with a quote or you can request a custom quote through an online questionnaire.
  •  Can we dress at the chapel? We provide private dressing rooms for the couple only where you can prepare for your big day.   You must arrive at the chapel 30 minutes before your scheduled wedding ceremony to change and prepare.  We ask that the bride arrive with her and make-up done and that all guests and wedding party arrive dressed.  The dressing rooms are not available after the ceremony.
  •   Where can we stay? Click this link to view our beautiful secluded log cabins that are convenient to the chapel and to downtown Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg also offers a wide variety of lodging options. We recommend visiting our chamber's website at www.gatlinburg.com.
  •   Is your Minister ordained?  Yes, all of the ministers contracted by the chapel are church ordained ministers that have been involved in their own churches.
  •  How do we find the chapel?  We are located on Glades Road, off Hwy 321, in the beautiful Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community. From Pigeon Forge, you would travel to Traffic Light #3 in Gatlinburg, turn left onto Highway 321.  Then, travel 2.9 miles to Traffic Light #3A and turn left onto Glades Road.  We are 2.5 miles on the left.  Click here for printable directions from various locations.  We strongly recommend checking GPS to these directions.  Many visitors get lost depending on their GPS database.
  •   Can we provide our own vendors? Yes, however you will want to speak with your wedding coordinator for the fees that may apply. Contracts are also required for photographers and ministers/officiant's. There is a standard fee for all weddings that provide their own minister/officiant. All floral arrangements must be completed prior to arrival. You will also be responsible for providing pins for boutonnieres and corsages. We recommend that you assign someone the responsibility of handing out flowers and pinning corsages and boutonnieres.
  •  May we have our own minister/officiant? Yes, there is a fee to provide your own minister/officiant.  We ask for an order of service and a signed Minister/Officiant’s Contract.  We strongly suggest that couples using their own minister/officiant schedule a formal rehearsal the evening before with our staff.  This ensures the best quality of services so that our staff and your minister/officiant can familiarize themselves with each other.  Formal rehearsals are $150.00. See who can legally perform a ceremony below.
  • If I provide my own minister, who can legally perform the ceremony? 
    1. All regular ministers, preachers, pastors, priests, rabbis and other spiritual leaders of every religious belief, more than eighteen (18) years of age, having the care of souls, and all members of the county legislative bodies, county mayors, judges, chancellors, former chancellors and former judges of the state of Tennessee, former county commissions, the governor, the speaker of the senate and former speakers of the senate, the speaker of the house of representatives and former speakers of the house of representatives , they county clerk of each county and the mayor of any municipality in the state of Tennessee may solemnize the rite of matrimony. For the purposes of this section, the several judges of the U.S. courts, including the U.S. magistrates and U.S. bankruptcy judges, who are citizens of Tennessee are deemed to be judges of this state. The amendments to this section by Acts 1987, ch. 336, which applied provisions of this section to former judges, do not apply to any judge who has been convicted of a felony or who has been removed from office.
    2. In order to solemnize the rite of matrimony, any such ministers, preachers, pastors, priests, rabbis and other spiritual leaders must be ordained or otherwise designated in conformity with the customs of the church, temple or other religious group or organization; and such customs must provide for such ordination or designation by a considered, deliberate and responsible act. 
    3. Effective July 1, 2019: Internet ordained ministers cannot perform marriages. (Senate Bill No.1377/House Bill No. 213)
  •   Can we have our own music? The chapel provides traditional pre-recorded music, such as the Bridal March or Cannon in D.  However, if you have special music you would like to provide we ask that all songs be on one CD.  The chapel staff must be informed about any special music at least one week prior to the wedding.  We prefer to have any CDs the day before the wedding.  The CD needs to be labeled with your names, wedding date, and time.  We ask that you email us the following information: track number, song title and artist, and when it is to be played. We cannot guarantee that your CD will play if not provided to the chapel prior to your wedding day and we are not responsible for a CD that was not burned and/or tested properly. The chapel can provide you with your custom music for a small fee if you are unable to burn a CD, simply speak with a wedding coordinator. Various types of live music are also available.
  •  Can our flower girl drop petals?  Yes, but all petals, dropped in the chapel, must be silk petals.  Fresh or dried flower petals are not allowed inside the chapel.  Silk petals are also available for purchase starting at $5.00 in various colors. You are responsible for picking up any petals or other items that are dropped or thrown for outdoor weddings, otherwise, excessive cleaning fees may apply.
  •  Can we decorate the chapel?  The chapel is fully decorated; however, if you would like additional decorations they can be added to your package.  The chapel staff must be responsible for decorating the chapel and additional time for decorating and removal will need to be added to your wedding package.
  •  Can we bring pets to the chapel?  We know that furry friends are family too. However, pets are only allowed once you have received prior approval from the chapel staff. There is a $50.00 non-refundable pet fee, per animal. Excessive cleaning fees may also apply. We ask that all approved pets be leashed. We also ask that you clean up after your pet when outdoors. Wet pets are not allowed in the chapel. Service animals allowed with proper documentation.
  •  What does the inside of the chapel look like?  Our goal is to keep the inside of the chapel neutral so that it does not interfere with your wedding color palette. All along the rest of the property we are decorated for the season. Decorations in the chapel and on the surrounding grounds are subject to change but we try keep the photos on our website and frequently post new photos here on our Facebook Page. Any photos showing green aisle carpet are outdated. The aisle carpet is a chocolate brown color.